Monday, June 9, 2008

9-1-1 Friends

I remember one time our pastor did a series of sermons on 9-1-1 friends, and how important it is to BE one, as well as to HAVE at least one.  You know what I'm talking about...911 Friends ....These are the people you can call at anytime for any reason they are there for you. 

I am so blessed and feel so fortunate to have several 911 Friends.  And right now?  I am calling on them, and they are there.  No, I take that back.  I didn't even have to call on them!  They were just there.

Remember when I said life was overwhelming and just plain HARD right now?  Well, since then, it's become even harder.  My youngest son has been having ongoing health problems.  He has severe stomach aches every time he eats.  As a result, he doesn't eat much, and has lost weight.  All the doctors can tell me is that he has a 'non-specific autoimmune condition' and they're not sure if he'll get better, and they're not sure of a treatment.  In the meantime?  I have a sick little boy that I don't know how to help.

My husband is also facing surgery next week.  He will be in the hospital at least one, probably two days.  This is where my 9-1-1 friends come in!  I have friends who have graciously offered to take my kids for me so that I can be with my husband.  I have friends who have offered to come by the waiting room and be with me so I'm not all by myself.  I have friends that have offered to make us meals while my husband recovers so we have one less thing to worry about.

I am humbled.  I am THANKFUL.  And, I am so blessed.  To all my 9-1-1 friends (and you know who you are!) I say THANK YOU.  I consider all of you, not only friends, but my family.  And I want to say that I am there for YOU whenever you need a 9-1-1 Friend.  I'm there for YOU.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It's good that they are at least identifying the problems at this point, though the road ahead seems uncharted (at least humanly speaking.) The Lord will go ahead of you and lead and guide you.

What a blessing - God-given friends who carry our burdens with us, making them easier to bear.. God's love with skin on!

I pray you will find answers and find treatments to help your little one feel better and regain his weight.

You hang in there!
Love and hugs
Lynn

Mary said...

It's a privelege to be your friend. I only wish we were closer so we could give in more tangible ways. But I'm here praying and I'm REAL.