Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bleh

Life is....HARD right now.  Overwhelming.  I feel like I'm in a deep valley looking up at the top of a mountain wondering... HOW will I get up there again? 

But mostly I keep asking myself, "How did I get HERE?  What in the HECK happened?" 

But, just hearing myself say that irritates me.  I wanna grab myself and say, "What do you MEAN?  Were you NOT paying attention?  Were you just along for the ride?  Get your head in the game, will ya?  This is NOT a dress rehearsal.  There are no do-overs.  BUCK UP."

I know this makes no sense.  I guess I'm not ready to pour it all out here for all to see.  I'm not sure if I ever will be.  But if you're reading this, I humbly ask you to bow your head right now and say a quick prayer for me and my family.  Please.  I know you don't know the details.  But God does.

Even though this is going on, I know that I'm going to be ok on the other side of it.  I am scared, but at the same time I have peace that it's going to be ok.  I guess I'm scared of the ride.  More than likely it's going to be a rough one, and it's a matter of gearing up for that.

It's funny - I keep hearing the same verse over and over in my head:

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I am clinging to this verse.  When I pray?  This verse comes back.  It's my life vest right now.  I take such comfort knowing that SOMEONE has a plan.  SOMEONE knows how things will end up.  SOMEONE is in control.  Because I'm sure as HECK not.

Thanks for your prayers

3 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

Last night, the kid sister and I were driving and I saw a license plate frame that said this:

He has plans...Jer. 29:11.

It was a great reminder of who is in charge and who cares about you and your family and who knows what you need when you need it. Those are not platitudes..they are promises.

RLG

Mary said...

Dear Father, you know and love every thing about Diane and her precious family too. We don't know her issues but you do. I pray you infold her and her family with your love, and protect them from the evil one. Please fill their hearts with your courage, wisdom and peace. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for sending Diane your word and encouragement even in the darkness of her pain. You are there, she has faith in You. I praise you for what you are doing in these lives...knowing that your plan for them is perfect and that You will be victorious.

If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31.

Love you, Di!

Anonymous said...

Mary, that was beautiful, thank you so much for loving my sister.

RLG, thank you also for being her friend -- she loves you too!

Diane, I know you are going thru an unbelievably difficult time. Our God is bigger than all of it and He is bringing you through it. I love you!