Friday, June 13, 2008

Of Chicks, Bees & Pigs

Today was the last day of school!  Yay!  I have to work the month of June.  But STILL!  It'll be nice and quiet at school.

Life is so busy right now. Sunday, of course is Father's Day, Monday is my daughter's birthday, and Tuesday is my husband's surgery.  I'm already exhausted.  *Deep Breath*

I have no energy for a long post.  So instead?  Some pictures...

Look how big the chicks are! 

After just 10 days after we got them!  Remember?


And now, some sad news.  One of the hives is not doing well.  Look:

See all those things on the gravel?  Those are dead bodies.  Thousands of 'em.  Each one of those dark dots in the picture below is a bee body.  :( 

It's because of the cold snap we had.  This is one of new hives.  They didn't have any honey stored up yet.  And they were unprepared for the unseasonably cold weather.  We'll see if this hive can recover...The other two hives seem fine.


And finally?  I leave you with this funny picture of the pigs.  Awwww...the life of a chubby pig! Don't they look comfy?  And messy. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Awwww, I'm sorry about the bees, Di. That's so sad. I guess it's nature's way, huh? No sun, no honey. I've heard about the cold snap you're having. I wonder how many other hives across the state are doing the same thing.

I AM happy that you're getting a break from work, though. Now there is a lot more time to nourish your family. I'm praying for D's surgery. And for C's tum tum...and, by the way, I'm praying for YOU, Miss Stuff-Piled-High-On My-Plate!

Love ya!

M :)