Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's my post and I'll cry if I want to

Today, after church, I decided to treat myself and get my nails done.  It was lovely! 

But as I was sitting there, all of a sudden, I began sobbing. 

Not the bawl-outloud-uncontrollable ugly-cry (thankfully) but more like the silently-tears-streaming-down-the-face-can't stop-'em-if-you-tried crying.  Believe me, I TRIED stopping, but alas, I could not.  I just started thinking how miserable my life is right now, and how everything is in the TOILET.  I know things will get better, but for now?  I'm swimmin' in the sewer.  And it all let loose today at the nail place.  (Yeah - totally mortifying.)

My nail lady finally looked up and saw me.  She stared at me for a while.  Then (picture a very sweet, tiny, prim & proper, older Asian lady) she says, "Whatsamattah?  You don't like your nail?"

And then I burst out laughing.  I mean - totally cracking up.  The lady next to me burst out laughing, too.  Soon the whole place was laughing hysterically.  It was hilarious!  I felt like a total lunatic, but man.  It sure felt good to laugh.  (They may not ever let me in the place again, but that's ok.  The older I get?  The less I care what people think.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.)

Anyway.

In other news, my new little friend Lora came to visit the farm yesterday!  Along with Heidi and Hillary.  (Oh - and Griffey the dog, too!)

It was fun showing them around.  Lora and Lexi became fast friends!  (Lora kept saying they were GFF's instead of BFF's..ha ha!)  She didn't like the pigs much, but we did get her to touch a baby chick!  I think her favorite part was the strawberry patch.  Oh - and the swings. 

I hope they all come back again soon!  (Oh but Heidi?  Ummm....you need to get used to the farm smells first.  Pigs?  Yeah. They SMELL.  Come back in August when it's hot. And the farmer across the street sprays his pastures with cow crap.  Fun times.)Wink

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for having us out! It was so much fun and yeah, the best strawberries I have ever tasted!!

Mary said...

What pretty hands. Are they gels or acrylics?

Awww, Di, it's good for you to cry just as much as it's good for you to laugh. That's a good place to do it too. Around a bunch of women who understand crying. I remember going to see a movie with my good friend, Dee. We saw "End of the Spear". When we were walking out I mentioned I hadn't cried that hard in a long time.

De said, Yeah, not since "King Kong". :*) We are emotional beings and we need each other to cry with.

Diane said...

Oh my gosh, Mary. I BAWLED at End of the Spear, too. Another movie I just lost it at, was Philadelphia. With Tom Hanks, remember? Oh my - cried like a baby.
By the way - they're gel nails. Thanks!

Red Letter girl said...

We also need friends to go to The Happening with...you could cry during that movie too if you wanted.

HE HE.