Thursday, June 5, 2008

I never said my job wasn't entertaining...

Just got this call at work:


Him:  "Yeah, is Bridget Smith there?"

Me:  "I'm sorry.  There's no one here by that name."

Him:  "Is she not there today?"

Me:  "No.  I mean there is no one that works here by that name."

Him:  "Well, it's important that I speak to her."

Me:  "...."

Him:  "Do you know where I'd find her this time of day?"

Me: "Ok...I have no idea who Bridget Smith is.  She does not work here.  I've never heard of her."

Him:  "Well, hmmmm.  I really need to speak to her.  Should I try her at her home number?"

Me:  Okay.  This guy just doesn't get it... "Yes.  Definitely.  You should try her at her home number."

Him:  "Will do.  Go ahead."

Me:  "Go ahead?"

Him:  "I'm ready for that number..."

Me:  "Sir?  I don't have her home number.  I DON'T KNOW WHO BRIDGET SMITH IS."

Him:  "Well, do you have ANY clue how to get ahold of her?"

Me:  "NO.  NO, I DO NOT."

Him:  "Ok.  Thanks for your help."

Me:  "Any time."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Some people . . .