Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Evidently 'Forever and Ever' Means Something Entirely Different to an 8-year old.

Cole: "MOM! LOOK! I found this HUGE earthworm in the pasture."

Me: "Wow. He IS big."

Cole: "I'm gonna keep him. Can I use one of your canning jars? I wanna get some dirt, and lots of grass and some nice leaves...can I keep him?"

Mom: "Of course."

Cole: "GREAT! He looks so brave. I'm gonna name him after Indiana Jones. I'm gonna keep him in his little jar, and he's gonna be my pet forever and EVER!"

Me: "Ok! Sounds good. Let's go get "Indie" a jar..."

Cole: "OK!! I can't wait to tell my friends about my new pet. I'm gonna take good care of him. I'm gonna check on him EVERYDAY. He's gonna be my little worm FOREVER!"

Walking by the chicken coop....

Cole: "Hey Mom! Guess what?!! Chickens like WORMS!!!"

RIP Indie. It was nice knowing ya. Heh.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute. What a character that Cole. When you and I first met he was a little baby in sleepers. Now look at him. A young man full of personality and Godly character. Good job, Mom!