Friday, July 4, 2008

A Wonderful Side Effect from My Life Being in the CRAPPER

You know what I've noticed?  I feel more loved now than ever before.  Seriously.  Yeah, there are so many things in my life that are WRONG.  BUT, my friends and family have surrounded me with such a warm loving security blanket, and let me tell you - it's incredible!

My sister has always been there for me.  Always and forever.  She is such a ROCK!  But since my life has spiraled down, she has checked in on me EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Without fail. I am so thankful for you, Carol!  Without you, I'm not sure I could make it.  I admire your faith, your wisdom, and your ability to see through all the muck and get to the heart of the matter.  I love you!

I called my brother a while ago and finally told him what was happening.  My brother and I are pretty close, but it's not uncommon to go months without talking to each other.  I'm not sure why.  I don't think it's intentional.  We're busy I guess?  I don't know.  That's a lame excuse.  But since I made that phone call?  He's called me every single day also.  Every day.  He did not stand in judgement.  He has just been there supporting me.  My brother has been through some pretty awful times.  I am ashamed to say that I was not always there for him like he has been there for me today.  My brother doesn't read my blog, but my pledge to him is... never again.  Never again will I let him down.  Thank  you, big brother!  I love you.

My husband's family has been so wonderful, too.  His dad, and even his sister have made it clear that they are there for us.  No matter what.  Derek's dad has told me that he loves me as if I was his own daughter.  That was so...incredible to hear.  I love you too, Tim!  You are a dad to me.

My friends...oh my.  My friends were awesome before.  But now, even more!  Khristina?  You're the best.  We talk every single day, and you've been more of a help to me than you know.  You make me laugh!  And (lucky you!) you listen even when I sit on the phone with you for hours and bawl.  Thank you, my friend!  I appreciate you so much.  Heidi - that phone call the other night came just when I needed it.  Seriously.  It helped more than you know.  And Mary, your emails are my lifeline.  I read and re-read them sometimes many times a day.  It's an invaluable resource to me to have a friend that's gone though what I'm going through.  Your advice is amazing.  And so is your friendship.  Thank you!

I know I'm sounding like a Hallmark commercial here.  I guess I just wanted to express my gratitude to all you wonderful people, and so many more that have helped me and continue to help me along the way.  To quote Jen if I may, I feel like 2008 is about standing in a pile of shit without a shovel.  (Actually, I will be optimistic and hope that I'm here in my pile just a couple of months rather than a year or more.)  But you guys give me hope that the shovel is on the way!  I'm so honored to call you all my friends and family.  I'm grateful and I'm humbled.  You have all inspired me to be a better person.  A better wife, mommy, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. 

Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's because we LOVE you and you ALWAYS think of others before yourself. Always.
I know our brother feels that you have never let him down. Who has he called on when he is at his lowest? YOU. And you always, always drop what you are doing to help him. Without fail.
I just wish I could be there in your house with you to hug you and to cry with you and to laugh with you in person. So, I want to thank all of those people in your life who are. Khristina, Heidi, Tim, Sydney, Jen and Mary all the way from California . . . Thank you for loving my sister.
Now who's the Hallmark commercial? :)

Mary said...

OMG, Diane, you are family to me. We've been through soooooo much together. When were partners at Light Shine we were equally yolked. Remember? That was such a wonderful experience. You were fun, wise, patient and welllll, FUN! :D We grew together. Forget the generation gap. It didn't exist!

Of course, I would be here for you. Are you kidding? I just wish I could go over there and babysit your kids for you. Bring you a meal. Just ... you know. HELP for Pete's sake. Sigh. But I can't, so I pray and visit your blog every day, checking up on you. Making sure you're still cookin at your house. Thank you for communicating with us. It really helps us to be there for you. Don't stop.

Love ya,

Mary

PS We'll have to use my google blog for now. My host provider is down again.

PSS Some times tooth fairies have SO many teeth to kids to visit they have to stop to take naps, or buy a bigger bag to put the teeth in, or, um, take a powder. She'll show up, down't worry. She's reliable.