Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Six Random Things

I've been tagged!  Tania tagged me and now I'm supposed to post 6 random facts about myself.  Actually, though, I did something similar to that when I first started my blog.  So, because a) I'm not original enough to think of 6 more facts about myself, and b) I'm also just too plain lazy to think of 6 more, I'm going to cut and paste those six facts here again.  There's nothing in the rules that say I can't do that, right?  So here we go...Six random facts about moi:

1.  I used to think you died on your birthday. To make it nice and 'clean.' You know - She was EXACTLY 86 when she died. Or whatever. My husband still gives me a hard time about this. Recently, on our anniversary, we were coming back from our dinner date, he said, "Well, if we die on the way home at least people can say we were married exactly 17 years when we died." Yeah, he's a riot.

2.  I once hired a hitman to snuff out my Grandma's dog, Odie. Now before you get your panties all in a bunch, you need to realize that my Grandma's dog was pure evil. It was this horrible wire-haired fox terrier rat dog. Now, I love animals in general, but this thing... I'm pretty sure this creature was Satan himself. Everyone in my family hated this dog. As soon as you walked into my grandparent's house it would start bounding up and down barking this horrible ear-piercing high pitched noise. BARK BARK BARK BARK constantly. You couldn't talk, or do anything really with this dog around. My brother had to wear a cup around this dog because it bounced as it barked and zeroed right in on that part of the anatomy. (Well, he didn't really wear a cup, but he threatened to.) Anyway, this guy at the lab where I worked agreed to rub out the dog for me. But, sadly, he chickened out, and the dog died of natural causes a few long years later.

3.  I forgot to wear a shirt in first grade. Seriously. That bad dream you have where you show up at a public place naked? I lived it. My family owned a restaurant back then, so my mom was up and out of the house super early. So us kids were responsible for getting ourselves up and down to the bus stop ourselves. Well, this day when I got to school, I unzipped my snowsuit (we lived in Alaska) and looked down and noticed nothing on from the waist up. Nada. Zip. Zilch.  It was horrifying. I had to go and get a shirt from the lost-and-found. I remember it was orange. And it smelled.

4.  I have a tendency to count things. Like when I drive on the freeway? I count the seams in the pavement in my head. When I'm in a public restroom, I count the tiles. I don't even realize I do it. Yeah, it's weird. I noticed that my youngest son does it too. My doctor assures me that no, we don't have OCD. But still, sorta weird.

5.  When I was like 15 or so, I was baptized. In front of our entire church in a bathtub. Like a full immersion. It was NOT a good experience. I was wearing a cream colored outfit which quickly became see-through. Actually, it prolly wasn't as see-through as I thought, but when you're 15, any amount of see-throughness is pretty traumatic. Also, one of my contacts floated away. :( But before all that, when I was standing up there and the Pastor was asking me questions about my faith, etc., he wanted to know when I became 'born again.' I didn't have a magical date when that happened like my mom did (she was baptized right before me. Which was pretty cool I guess.) But still, overall? Not good.

6.  When I used to work in the lab in the VA hospital, I got to watch and sometimes assist with autopsies. (In hospitals they always put the lab downstairs in the basement near the morgue.) I loved it! I think I missed my calling. My favorite show on TV is Dr. G. She has like my dream job! I would LOVE to be her! (Well, except that I never went to medical school. Besides THAT minor detail, I would love to be her.)

So there ya go! 

Ok, also I'm supposed to post the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.  check
2) Post the rules on your blog.  check
3) Write 6 random things about yourself.  done
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.  uhhhh....
5) Let each person know they have been tagged, leave a comment on their blog.  hmmm.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.   check

You know what?  I'm not going to tag anyone.  :(  Everyone I know online (like all 4 people) have already been tagged.  Soooo, I'm gonna blow off that part.  I'm a rebel like that.

0 comments: