Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend in Review

Well, first of all, it SNOWED ALL WEEKEND. Yes, SNOW. Ugh. It didn't stick, but still. SNOW. In APRIL.

IMG_1564

It was way too cold to get into hives to see how the bees were doing since we introduced them to their new hive. Hopefully this week, we can check on them.

BUT, look at THIS!

This is called an observation hive. My husband got it for me! It will go inside the house. See that tube? That will lead out the window so the bees can go outside through the tube, pollinate and do their thing, but come home through the tube to their hive INSIDE. It's glass so we can see what they're doing inside! And of course the whole thing is sealed so there's no danger of bees getting out inside the house. Cool, huh? (Maybe kinda creepy, but mostly cool!) Of course I won't have it there smack in the middle of my kitchen table. I'll put in near a window. But, I can't wait until we get it set up and operational. All we need is a queen, and a frame of honey bees. Stay tuned for that!

IMG_1578 But anyway, back to the weekend. It was a very slow one around our place. Because of the snow, and also because poor Gage was SICK SICK SICK. He had a high fever all weekend. I always feel a little bit of a happy guilty thing when Gage is sick. Why? Because he's always so cuddly when he's sick. Gage is 11. So I know I'm on borrowed time with the cuddle factor. So whenever he wants to cuddle, I enjoy it so much, even thought I feel badly that he's sick. Ha. Gage says he'll want to cuddle with his mom even when he's a teenager. I hope he's right! You can be sure that I will remind him of that then.


IMG_1592



Sunday afternoon, Lexi and I went to a birthday party for her friend. Here she is going down the big slide! Wheeee! Fun.

Okie dokie. Back to cuddling my big boy.

Smile


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the weird Spring weather you have had! We went to Everett yesterday and there was more snow on the West side of the pass than our side!

Sorry Gage was sick all weekend. :( Glad Lexi had a fun time at the birthday party. WHEEEEE!

I can't wait to see the observation hive in operation.

Mary said...

Sounds like a full weekend to me. Always something happening at your house. The front of your house is pretty. What are those blue flowers?

Hope Gage feels better soon! Hug him while you can!

Mary said...

Are those grape hyacinths? http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=611