Friday, April 18, 2008

TGIF

First off - a shout out to my beautiful niece, Christina, who turns 20 today.   WOOT!  Happy birthday, Christina!  I remember when you were born.  I was away at college, just 19 (a year younger than you are now!)  Your dad called me and gave me the good news.  I was so excited!  I yelled to all my friends at my dorm.  "MY SISTER JUST HAD A BABY!  A BABY GIRL!!  HER NAME IS CHRISTINA AND SHE'S PERFECT!!"  Yeah, they weren't as excited as me, but that's ok.  I was excited enough for all of us.  So, happy birthday, Christina!  Hope it's a wonderful one!

Other than that, I really don't have anything earth-shattering to say.  I just was excited to try out Windows Live Writer.  Have you heard of it?  Lynn told me about it, and it's so cool!  (Thanks, Lynn!!)  "Windows Live Writer is a desktop application that makes it easy to publish rich content to your blog." You can make your pictures look cool, like the one below.

I do have one sad thing to report.  We found out this week that our dog, Callie (shown here with Cole.  Callie thinks Cole is one of her littermates..) has epilepsy.  Sad She's had a couple of seizures in about a 2 or 3 month period of time.  The vet confirmed it for us this week.  It's epilepsy, and she has to be on medicine.  The medicine will help, but will make her groggy.  I just hope the medication takes care of the seizures.  Callie is always so scared and disoriented after she has one.  It's scary for us, too.  Poor baby.

In other news, this story was not good news for us beekeepers:  "Keepers: Dying bees may sting state's crops"  Eeek.  Hope they figure THAT out soon.  What a bummer it would be to lose part or all of our bees.

Ok, that's all for now.  I'll close with this funny picture I took of the pigs.  They're not little and pink anymore, are they?!  Look how dirty they are and how dirt-caked those snouts are!

pigs08

sig

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane, Thanks for the birthday shout out for my baby girl, who is still our little girl, but also a beautiful, successful young adult. Wow, time sure does fly! She saw your post this morning before she left the house. :)
I'm so sorry to hear about Callie. :( She's a sweet girl.
That pig picture is so good! It would be really nice framed.

Kimberly said...

So sorry about your dog, that's sad. The pigs are so cute! It's a great shot of them. Do you have 4H where you live? Our girls have enjoyed 4H for years, and their dear friends show pigs; we never have had any though.