Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Truck Driver in the Making

I tell ya, working at an elementary school, I never have a shortage of entertainment.

Today, a first grader came to the office. He was being sent to the principal because he was in "big trouble." I need to preface this by saying this kid is very cute. He is very short for his age, is normally very sweet, and talks with a lisp.

Adorable.

So this kid shows up at my office with his eyes brimming with tears. He sat down, and when he did, his feet barely hung over the seat of the chair.

Him: "I'm in big twouble"

Me: "Why? What happened?"

Him: "I said a bad worwd."

Me: "You did? What did you say?" afraid to ask...

Him: "Cwap."

Me: "Crap?"

Him: "Yeah. Cwap."

Me: trying not to laugh "Well, you know what? We don't say that word at school"

Him: "Yeah. I know dat now."

Me: "Are you allowed to say that word at home?"

Him: "No. But my mom says it. A WOT."

Me: "Well, now you know that it's a bad word and we don't say it. So do I have your word that you won't say it ever again?"

Him: "Yeah. I won't."

Me: "Promise?"

Him: "Pwomise."

Me: "Ok, well because I know you'll never say it ever again, I'm going to give you grace. You don't have to see the principal."

Him: looking very relieved "Oh whew! Fanks!"

Me: "You're welcome. Ok, now go back to class. And remember what we talked about."

Him: "Oh I will." scooting off the chair...

Me: "Ok, good. See ya later."

Him: "DAMMIT! My shoe's untied!"

Blink...

Blink. Blink.

Ummm, yeah. My grace ran out. Cute or not, the kid went to the principal's office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. You should write a book!

Anonymous said...

I love this story!!!!!!!!! You gotta love kids ;-)

Lynn said...

(Snicker)... ahem...BLESS HIS HEART! :D