Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!  Hope all you moms had a wonderful day.  I sure did!  Remember my whiny post about how much I hate Mother's Day?  Well, I'm happy to report that I've changed my mind.

I had an absolutely lovely day!  We decided to skip the baptism and I have absolutely no guilt about it.  (For those of you just tuning in, read my whiny Mother's Day post and you'll be up to speed in no time...)

Some highlights of my day:

  1. I got to sleep in!
  2. We went out to brunch (Yum!  It was delicious.  The kids behaved themselves. The place had chocolate fondue there!)
  3. The kids played a game of Monopoly BY THEMSELVES when we got home...for THREE HOURS STRAIGHT...with NO FIGHTING.  Ahhhh - it was pure heaven
  4. I got my nails done. 
  5. My husband got me an outdoor table/chair set for the deck.  For some reason, in all our married life (17 1/2 years) we've never had one.  It was waaaay past due.  It's a lovely set!
  6. I also got 4 (FOUR!) hanging flower baskets for the house - three fuschias for the front and one mixed full sun basket for the back.

See?  It was a lovely day.  Also, I got some very lovely gifts from the kids that they made in school.  I loved them all!  But Lexi's was so sweet.  She made me us a journal (that she and I share.)  The first page says:

Mom and Lexi's Journal

This journal is for me and you to share the things that we go through.
Life can be hard and so I thought this would be a way that we could talk.
I love you, Mom, and so I say,
Let's use this journal starting today!
Happy Mother's Day!

Awww!  Isnt' that sweet?!  And what a great idea.

Gage made me a little heart pillow that he made in school.  He kept saying, "I know you think this is store-bought, Mom.  It isn't.  I MADE IT.  I'm getting better at this sort of stuff."

I'll leave you with the sweet note Cole wrote to me.  (He says he was the only one in his class that wrote a note on the front AND back of the paper.  Heh.)  It says:

Dear Mom,
You are kind, loving, and caring.  I like it when you play 2-square with me.  Thank you for helping me with my homework sometimes.  You are good at cooking.  Remember when we went to Northwest Trek for my birthday?  And the Pacific Science Center?  That was fun!  You make me feel good, cheerful and happy.  Thank you for making me happy when I am grumpy.  Thank you for everything.  I love your smile.  It is so pretty it makes me smile.  I love you Mom.  I am going to pray that you will not get sick and that you will have a good life.  Happy Mother's Day.  You're a really good Mom.  I'll love you even when you're in heaven. I'll still love you.  Love, Cole

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Noooo.. that last picture... that cannot be your BABIES!?!? WOW!! How they have grown! I remember when we first met on the net back when you and Mary began your design venture together... these kids were LITTLE KIDS! LOL!! Was it that long ago??

How time flies!

I'm smiling reading how your Mother's Day turned out after all! Hehehee..

Have a good week!
Hugs
Lynn

Mary said...

Cole was right. You DO have a beautiful smile. That's something that never fades with age, fortunately. A great smile is always in style. I'm glad to read about your happy mom's day.