Friday, May 16, 2008

BEYOND frustrated

Ok.  I am soooo mad right now.  And since I can't afford a therapist?  I will pour my frustrations out here for all to see.  (Lucky you.)

Today I went online to buy some make-up.  (I don't have time to run down to the mall, so thank God for clinique.com)  But, ummmmm...at check-out my credit card was declined.  I try again.  DECLINED.  Okaaaaay...

Knowing that I had PLENTY of credit available on this card, I call my credit card's 800 number, go through their little recording and option menu, and sure enough, there's plenty of credit available.  I press '0' and talk to my 'credit card account representative.'  They proceed to tell me that there's been some "suspicious activity" on my card, and they've locked it.

"Oh!  Ok.  That's good.  Well, so... what suspicious activity?" I ask.  They won't tell me.  They say I'm not the primary card holder.  My husband is.  Well, I'm his wife, and I need to know what suspicious activity is on my card.  She tells me to go online and check the account balance and activity online.

So I hang up.  I go online, and.... I can't log in...my online account has been locked...because of SUSPICIOUS activity.  DUH.

I call back.  I explain that I can't get into my online account.  They tell me - that's right.  Because of suspicious activity.  REALLY?  Ok.  Well, I NEED TO KNOW what this activity is so I can tell you if it's SUSPICIOUS OR NOT.  And yes, I REALIZE MY HUSBAND IS THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER.  But he's in a meeting now, and cannot be reached.  They agree to temporarily unlock the online account.

I hang up.  I go online to see my account.  I log in, and everything looks... fine.  !!  What the HECK?

I call back and explain that I've looked at the account and everything looks legitimate.  They proceed to tell me that's because they didn't put through the suspicious charges.  They won't show up online, because they're SUSPICIOUS and didn't go through. 

ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok.  *deep breath*  That's fine.  But I NEED TO KNOW THESE CHARGES.  How can we resolve this?  They tell me that the primary card holder, my husband, needs to call.

Alright.  Sigh.  Fine.

I call my husband and get him out of his meeting.  I explain the situation.  HE calls the credit card company.  The person on the line BARELY speaks English, and he cannot make heads or tails of any of the conversation.  He finally hangs up out of frustration.

He calls back.  THIS time, he understands the person, BUT since there has been so many inquiries on our account, they have suspended further inquiries.  (DUH!!! IT'S BEEN US TRYING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS!!)

My husband is now fuming as much as I am.  He calls BACK AGAIN.  This time, he refuses to hang up until someone helps him.  He's passed around to various 'managers' some English speaking, and some not.  FINALLY someone helps him.  They list off the charges.  Sure enough, they are not legitimate.  There are about 100 of them in a span of 2 days, and they're all online gaming type sites.  So finally, they allow my husband to file a fraudulent claim, and end up canceling the card. 

Finally.

And it only took up 2 hours of my day (and almost that much of my husband's.)

And I still don't have my makeup ordered.  At wits end

2 comments:

Mary said...

YIKES! Di, what a mess! What a frustration. No wonder you're tearing your hair out. I'm glad you have blogging for an outlet. I have no snappy comeback. Just that I can't believe the stupidity of what they were saying to you!
YIKES!

Lynn said...

DITTO! What Mary said! This is pathetic!

Bless your hearts! Guess it's a good thing you needed make-up or it might have continued on for a longer period of time? Naaah.. they were on to the fraud, but still!! How do honest folks get messes like this straightened out?? Sheeesh!