Monday, May 19, 2008

It's GARDEN time again

I LOVE this time of year... SPRING! I love it when the weather finally gets warm...I love flip-flop weather! And I especially love when it's time to plant the garden.

We have a greenhouse, and my husband has been busy since about February tending to all his seedlings, getting them ready to transfer outside. This year, we even grew tomatoes from seeds. See the tomato plants on the bottom right picture?

IMG_1756

IMG_1757

I didn't have to buy any flowers this year for the yard...we grew all those from seeds also! (See? On the top row on that right picture, and on the floor of the greenhouse underneath...) We have petunias, zinnias, asters, begonias, geraniums...we had so many flowers we had to give most away.

Planting the vegetable garden is a family event. So much fun! The kids look forward to it every year. Especially Lexi. She stayed out with Derek well after dark last night.


We planted peas, beans, corn, cauliflower, brocolli, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, potatoes, onions, radishes...what else? I know I'm forgetting something. And, as always, we will have an organic garden again this year. We don't use any fertilizer...well except 'natural' fertilizer that we have PLENTY of. (The chickens kindly produce that for us!)

Ahhhh...Spring. I love it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Awwwww. Love it that you all plant together. That is SUCH a good thing. And chicken poop!? Nother better for a garden than that. I'm thinking veggies aren't the only thing being nurtured and growing well at your house.

Lynn said...

You guys have a great looking garden spot! I can already "see" it filled with green growing things that will be good to eat! It won't take long either! I miss the days back when we gardened - back 25 years ago! UGH!