Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Boss is STILL the Boss


Photo © 2008 Columbia & Thrill Hill Productions, Inc.

Ok, let me say this:

I don't care if the man is pushing 60, Bruce Springsteen still rocks. I have seen Bruce in concert 3 times now, and man - he's still got it!! Plain and simple - he is a rock and roll legend. Last night was awesome.

Ok, let me back up. Saturday started out rough. Derek had been sick all week. Yesterday morning he woke up and he did NOT look well. He went to the local urgent care and found out he had acute bronchitis. Great. He couldn't go to the concert; he was just too sick. I thought briefly that maybe I should stay home with him, but c'mon! And miss the Bruce Springsteen concert? (Oh calm down. Derek was basically fine. He just needed to rest.)

So now I had an extra Springsteen ticket. Sadly, besides Sam who was already going with me, none of my friends were big Boss fans. (Wow. That truly IS sad. I call these people my friends?) BUT, I called my friend Khristina and she agreed to go. (I mean it wasn't too hard of a sell - the man is a rock and roll legend! Have I mentioned that yet?)

Anyway, so the three of us went - me and my friends Sam and Khristina. The first stop? The Space Needle! We had a wonderful dinner up there, and I got kind of a cool shot of the Seattle skyline:

Next, it was SHOW TIME! We walked over to the Key Arena, stood in line to get our arm bands, and down to the floor we went. Yes, we had tickets on the floor in general admission. Surprisingly, we were pretty close to the stage! The show got started an hour after the 7:30 showtime, and let me tell you, it was worth the wait.

Bruce opened with a song called "Trapped" followed by one of my favorites from his "Magic"album,
"Radio Nowhere." He sang most of the songs from "Magic" including "Livin' In the Future" and a big favorite, "Long Walk Home." And, of course he sang classics like "No Surrender,"
"Badlands" and "Born to Run." It was just....awesome! As you can see, I smuggled my camera in and got a few shots. This face shot (taken off the screen) is probably the best. But just to show you how pretty close we were to the stage, here's one more below of Bruce on stage:

So anyway, all in all it was a fantastic evening! I will say that it was not easy to stand in the 'mosh pit' for three hours straight. I'm not sure I will do that again. (I'm not getting any younger!) I kept looking over at the lucky dogs sitting comfortably in their chairs. But then, we had such a great view of the stage, it was worth it. The only song that Bruce didn't sing that I was looking forward to was "Girls in Their Summer Clothes." But lucky for you, I found a video of the song on You Tube for your listening pleasure (C'mon, you know you want to:)

I think all three of us had a great time. (Hopefully Khristina did? I think "Born to Run" was the only song she recognized. But she was a great sport for going with us!)

So today is my last day off before back to work tomorrow. Poor Derek is pretty sick, so today will be spent relaxing and healing so we're all good to go for tomorrow.

"But 'til then ... tramps like us - baby we were born to ruuuuun"

1 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, Di, it looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to go and I'm really happy for you. I'm sorry Derrek isn't feeling too good, though. Hopefuly a day of rest will do him a lot of good. I was still pretty sick when we went to the coast, but 3 days of rest was healing for me.