Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Few Peas Shy of a Casserole

Today, while driving to work this morning, a car pulled out RIGHT in front of me. I mean I was this close to hitting the guy. I had to slam on the brakes. (And no, as much as I wanted to, I did not scream out obscenities. I had the kids in the car with me.) But the kids did watch the whole thing. After we composed ourselves, Cole said, "Wow. That guy wasn't so smart, was he, Mom?"

And of course, I wholeheartedly agreed. And followed with, "Nope. He certainly is not the brightest bulb in the pack. And, he's for sure not the sharpest tool in the shed."

Well then, I had to explain what those sayings meant. (Yeah, I know. I'm not up for the Mother of the Year award anytime soon.)

So then, Gage pipes up and says, "Yeah. He's really not the tastiest nut in the Snickers bar." Ha ha! Good one! Yeah, I know it really doesn't make sense. But it made me laugh.

So THEN, not to be outdone, Lexi says, "Nope. He's not the brightest ketchup stain on the ol' dress shirt." Ha! I'm laughing hard now. 'Cuz that one made a little more sense, and was pretty funny.

Cole listened to all of this, and really didn't know what to say. And even though it had nothing to do with anything, he came up with, "Well, I just think Mom is pretty." Awwww...yeah he sometimes says the sweetest things.

To which Lexi says, "Mom? Cole is such a suck-up. And, you know what else? Cole for SURE is not the first chicken on the rotisserie."

Yeah. I have no idea what that means either. But I nearly snorted my latte outta my nose, I was laughing so hard!

....And then, of course - Cole: "I am TOO the first chicken on the rotisserie."

1 comments:

Mary said...

Very Funny! I love coming here for a good laugh.