Friday, March 7, 2008

We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"

There are two groups of people in this world: Those that love Monty Python movies, and those that... sadly... do not.

The Monty Python People have seen every movie at least once, think they're hilarious, and can (and DO) recite every funny line from those movies. This invariably annoys the Non-Monty Python People. Also? Monty Python People don't understand Non-Monty Python People. And although I can't say for sure, I'm pretty sure it's vice versa.

My oldest son just walked by my office on the way to the bathroom, and said to me in his best British Monty Python voice:

"Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."

Yes, my friends, this is a proud moment for me. My son has become one of us. After seeing The Holy Grail only ONCE, he can recite all of the funny lines. (I know! Amazing!) I am looking forward to this weekend. For then, I shall introduce him to Life of Brian.

"We are now no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'. We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv'."

0 comments: