Monday, March 17, 2008

Wax on, Wax off

As long as there's been women and facial hair, there's been women trying to get rid of that facial hair. We tweeze, we bleach, we pluck, and yes, we even wax.

I have to admit though, before this weekend, it had been over a year since I'd been in to get waxed. Why? Because the memory of the sheer PAIN of it all was fresh in my mind. Even after a year. I mean GEES. Basically you're sitting there, and this cheerful perky lady takes gobs of hot molten WAX and spreads it on tender parts of your face. Then she gets little white strips of paper, presses them on the wax and then rrrrrip ... rrrrrippp....rrriiiipppp. And all the while this is going on, she's smiling and chatting away with you. Like it's perfectly normal to have little short bits of hair, along with the first layer of skin RIPPED from your upper lip or eyebrows. It's really not fun. And you're paying this woman to do this torturous activity. Oh, and being waxed down there? I don't even want to THINK about THAT. I'm pretty sure no one has lived through THAT to tell the tale.

But I must say, on Saturday, RLG and I went in to get waxed, and it was almost pleasant! Well, pleasant is a strong word. I mean it's still hot molten wax, and hair being ripped from your face, but surprisingly - it didn't hurt! I don't know if my threshold for pain is different now, or if they've improved the waxing technique since I was last in, but I was pleasantly surprised.

And the best part? When I got home, Cole examined my eyebrows and said, "Wow, Mommy! You left here with 2 giant furry caterpillars on your forehead, and now it's like....ummm...now they're just 2 little worms."

Hey. I'll take little worms over giant furry caterpillars any day of the week.

What else...Oh! Look how big our pigs are already:



They're growing so fast! And, they're so funny. They have such personalities. You know what else? Pigs are very clean. They 'do their business' in one corner of the pen, and it's far away from their shelter and their food. I never would have thought. I mean, cows just poop where ever and whenever the urge strikes. Even if it's on the head of another cow eating right next to them. It's really pretty gross. But pigs? Very clean animals. They're fun to watch.

Happy St. Pat's Day everyone! Hope you remembered to wear greeeeeen!

0 comments: