Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Forward & Spring Pigs

My 9-year-old daughter, Lexi detests daylight savings time. She always has - since she was about 3 and figured out that we were switching the clocks. ("Switching time - willy-nilly when it suits us" ...as she puts it.)

So now that we've "Sprung Forward", here's what I get to listen to now:

Me: "It's 8:00 kids - Bedtime!"
Lexi: "Well, if it wasn't for the brain child that invented daylight savings time, it would be 7:00 and we could stay up another hour."

Yes, she really said 'brain child.' I do NOT know where this girl gets her sarcasm. *cough cough*

Cole: "Mom? What time is it?"
Lexi: answering for me "Well, that depends on if you want to know what the clock says, or what time it REALLY is, before we switched the clocks for no good reason."

Me: "Hurry up and get in the car everyone, or we'll be late for school."
Lexi: "Well, actually, if it weren't for this ridiculous clock switching thing, we would have a whole 'nother hour to get ready for school."

Yes. Sigh.

It is going to be a loooong 7 months until October when we get to turn the clocks back to, as Lexi puts it "back to the appropriate time - the time that God intended."

In other news, the pigs are here! We are now the proud owners of 10 very cute pink little piglets:


Awwww...aren't they the cutest?!

I can almost smell the bacon sizzlin'...

Speaking of which, to celebrate the arrival of said pigs, I decided to make sausage and gravy for dinner. (I know - sorta twisted.) So Cole walks into the kitchen, sees the sausage cooking, and with a horrified look on his face, says:
"Oh noooo! We're already eating one of our pigs?"
Poor kid.

All the money we're supposedly saving raising our own animals? Will be spent on a good therapist for the kids.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, you've changed things around in here. It's beeeeutiful!

I agree with Lexi. I woke up crabby this morning. I looked at the clock and got mad at the people who stole my hour of sleep away.

You and Lexi seem like two peas in a pod. :) Hugs!