Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

It's been over a month since we found out that my husband was losing his job.  And so far?  No interviews or promising leads for either of us.  :( 

For me, I think it hurts tremendously that I've been out of Microbiology for 10 years.  (TEN YEARS?! Really??  Wow.)  I took time off to be home my kids.  I wouldn't trade that time for ANYTHING.  So I certainly do not have regrets.  But it sure doesn't help matters now.

And, It's like everyone around here is running scared.  There's been some major companies here that have announced layoffs.  So for now, employers seem to be holding off hiring or even looking for new people for fear that they will just need to be layed off. 

That's not such good news. 

So, we've decided to expand the search nationally.  My husband is now applying to jobs all over.  As much as we DO NOT have to move, we may have to.  A firm in Anchorage was very interested in him. (Alaska?  Nooooooo thank you.  I was born and lived there for 17 years.  It's a beautiful and it was a wonderful place to grow up, but I have no desire to move back.)  Things seem to be hopping (at least they're hiring Civil Engineers) in Texas, California and Colorado.  So we'll see.  We could be on the verge of many more changes.  I am trying to think of it as us on the verge of an adventure!

But, this is HARD for me.  It's difficult to have everything still up in the air.  I find myself still clinging to one of my favorite verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jer. 29:11

I am THANKFUL, so very thankful that there is a plan for us.  I don't know what this is yet, but God does.  And I thank Him everyday for that.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh! Oh! California! Let it be California, please Lord? Well, the prayer that never fails...your will be done.

Love, Mary

PS I finished The Shake this morning. I loved it. HUGE lesson in forgiveness. I'll write about it when I can.

Mary said...

Ooops, meant to type "The Shack". You knew that, right?