Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Science Geeks Unite!

Ok, let me say this: I LOVE the Science Fair. With all my HEART, I love science fair day. I experience sheer joy when I look at an entire gym full of projects. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's that proud look that even the youngest of students have when they stand in front of their projects. Projects that they've worked sooo hard on. Or maybe it's the spark in the kids' eyes when they get to explain their project to the judges. I love that even the children that get dogged at school - the ones that get in trouble all the time - even for one day, get to feel proud and accomplished and excited on Science Fair Day.



So, to the boy who has gotten 34509349058 tardies so far this year? I will happily write out your tardy slip tomorrow morning because I can't wait to tell you that your balloon project with vinegar and soda was amazing!

And the little girl who can vomit on demand? The one that exhibited her talent all over the library floor last week for me to clean up? I forgive you. Because your glass xylophone project rocked! (But ummm...no more puking, K? Not on my watch.)

The best part? Tomorrow is Day TWO of our Science Fair. That's right. Two days of out-and-out delight for this science geek.


2 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

No pictures of the #1 Science Fair Judge??

I too was delighted with the effort and love when a kid feels good about their project REGARDLESS of what is happening in their lives at home.

THANK YOU for asking me to be a part of this...it is why I love my job!

Mary said...

That's just so neat that you enjoy the Science Fair so much. Your excitement must really rub off on your kids and they are sooo blessed to have a mom like you.

Did Cole win yet? :)